A central part of the GMM student experience are the links we have with academic researchers, often coordinated with the Archaeologies of Media and Technology (AMT) research group, and with industry practitioners. Talks and events are documented on this blog and the below list provides an overview:
- “Social Network Platforms and Digital Existence” seminar:
Ganaele Langlois and Greg Elmer
- “Industry Insights” talks: Benchpeg; Endjin; Minivation
- “Arts and Culture” study visit: Kevin Appleby; Jo Roberts; Tracey Cruickshank; Ros Carter; Louise Coysh.
- “Data Visualisation” symposium: Dr Anna Feigenbaum; Cath Sleeman; Cristian Hernández.
- Invitations to several AMT events, including Professor Alexander R. Galloway talk and Burak Arikan exhibiton.
- “Creative Organisations” symposium: Dr Roberta Comunian; Dr Mark Readman; Dr August Jordan; James Gough.
- “Infrastructural Tourism” lecture: Dr Shannon Mattern
- “Arts Organisations” study visit: Stephen Foster; Kevin Appleby; Rupert Rowbotham; Jo Roberts; Tracey Cruickshank; Ros Carter.
- “Blueberry Soup” screening and Q&A: Eileen Jerrett
- “Industry Insights” talks: Ravi Dixit; Chris Buckingham; Paul Spencer; Adam Smallman.
- “Ludic Economies” symposium